[NSRCA-discussion] Hatori Short Pipe O-Rings

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Tue Dec 11 18:51:54 AKST 2007

Jim,

I believe Todd could be correct.  I was having problems with my engine #1.  I sent it for service and they replaced the front bearing.  Besides the oil mess the engine was running lean sometimes.  I installed the engine#2 and never had problems.  I never had chance to run engine #1 after came back from service so I am not 100% sure that front bearing was causing the oil mess.  I will know next season.

Regards,

--
Vicente "Vince" Bortone

From: "Todd Schmidt" <tschmidt at classicnet.net>

Jim,
I had the same problem, clean on a long pipe, and gobbs of oil everywhere when I started using the short pipe.

I changed engines and the new one is very clean and dry. Something is going on with my other engine to cause so much oil. Same as you, all bolts are tight. Vincente Bortone was having the same mess of a problem with a new engine and short pipe. I believe he told me it was the front bearing causing the mess.

Todd