[NSRCA-discussion] Hatori Short Pipe O-Rings

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:29:07 AKST 2007

Jim,

I spoke to Rich at length about this... he said to take the motor apart and
to clean the o-rings (make sure they are dry and not oiled when you put them
back) and also to replace the gaskets.  The simplest is to just replace all
o-rings and gaskets.

I've got the same problem on my one motor - the residue isn't black so I
know it isn't exhaust residue - it is clean fuel.  There is no leakage - all
bolts are tight and the header is tight as well.

Rich sent me replacement o-rings/gaskets and I intend to do that soon and
then run the motor to see if it still leaks.

-Derek