[NSRCA-discussion] Unexpected way to grow pattern

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at tx.rr.com
Fri Aug 31 20:29:50 AKDT 2007

Get this:  After leaving the field at sundown tonight (after helping a guy maiden a pattern plane) I stopped for some dinner at a "Jason's Deli" and ordered takeout.  While waiting I pulled my plane out onto the sidewalk to check something because I'd left the field in a rush.  The first person that stopped told me her father was a pilot.  Then a kid came up and gawked.  Then a couple teenagers asked "does it really fly?" Then the parents of the kid asked where I fly these things.  Then the counter girl walked out with my sandwich and joined the crowd.  Then, as the questions flew, I proceeded to pull out my equipment and show it to them, answer questions, tell where the LHS was, etc.  All very casual, but unexpectedly cool.

--Lance