[NSRCA-discussion] Food for thought

Claude Weimer cweimer at tconl.com
Mon Aug 27 19:33:50 AKDT 2007

What part of the country are you in?

Claude

  _____

From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
[mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of John Gayer
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 10:17 PM
To: NSRCA Mailing List
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Food for thought

This sounds good to me as a compromise. From what I've seen, we are
currently having difficulty getting enough competitiors for the classes we
have now without adding another class.
John

vicenterc at comcast.net wrote:

Claude,

Suggestion:  Why we don't call Expert = F3A and fly the P schedule only in
local contests?  The only change we will need to make is that  Expert = F3A
becomes the last AMA class.  In other worlds, Master should not be the
terminal AMA class.  Adding another class will add cost to the contest and
probably will be longer to run.

Regards,

--
Vicente "Vince" Bortone

From: "Claude Weimer"  <mailto:cweimer at tconl.com> <cweimer at tconl.com>

I have been thinking, it might be time to bring back the Expert class.  The
reason I say this is because the Masters class is becoming rather large and
is going to grow in the coming years. The problems I see are the difficulty
judging at local contests.  At the St Louis contest it took an hour and a
half to judge Masters.  Because Masters is the largest class compared the
Advanced and Intermediate and only three FAI, it can be difficult to
organize Judges for Masters.  I'm not singling out the St Louis contest, the
Omaha contest was the same as most contests I have been to.  If Masters was
split in two classes it would inc! rease t he available people to judge.

Masters could be a little easier and Expert could be harder.  Expert could
even be the last FAI P schedule.  The reason some don't wish to move to FAI
is the time to learn two schedules.  It looks like the Masters class is
going to get larger and I think it would be good to break it split it up.

Claude Weimer

  _____

[NSRCA-discussion] Food for thought

"Claude Weimer"  <mailto:cweimer at tconl.com> <cweimer at tconl.com>