[NSRCA-discussion] District 4 Championship location change!!!!

Mark Atwood atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Mon Aug 27 18:27:23 AKDT 2007

EVERYONE, (Bobby, can you forward to your D5 list?)

Those planning to attend the infamous night fly/fireworks extravaganza and
Steak roast....er....the District 4 pattern Championships in September
(22nd/23rd) we are changing the venue slightly.

This has previously been held at the ComAir flying field in Florence, KY
(Cincinnati area) and is being moved all of about 3 miles to the Flying
Cardinals field.

Here is the website to the Flying Cardinals field. It is a nice open
area next to the river with two grass runways. It is a good morning
field with the sun potentially being a problem after about 4:00 pm, so
getting started early is a good idea. The orientation is about identical
to the COMAIR field. We had positive comments after  the first contest
of the season regarding the field, so there should be no difficulty.
Also, I believe the club members will be very active in supporting the
contest. Camping is no problem, but there is no electricity or water at
the field.

http://www.flyingcardinals.org/

Everything will be the same as in the past with the possible exception of
having to replace the "Carrier Landing" portion of the night competition
with some other creative event. Or not...lmao.

This is a MUCH more open field than Comair so many will like the change.

If you have any questions (about the contest), please don't hesitate to call
or email.

-Mark
    Cell - 216-316-2489
    Email Atwoodm at paragon-inc.com