[NSRCA-discussion] mode 1 and 2 together?

JShulman jshulman at cfl.rr.com
Sun Aug 26 09:01:33 AKDT 2007

I can't really fly Mode 1 fully. I haven't taken off and landed yet, but I
can do some aerobatics, up high. I did it as a joke a couple years back at
the Joe-Nall with a friends 3.3M Yak and was doing some "Advanced"
maneuvers, but have only flown Mode 1 a few times ever. It was fun, and
everyone seemed to get a huge chuckle when I reverted back to Mode 2.

As for trimming with a different mode, that's certainly a challenge.
Basically you just have to walk the person through what you would do.
Uplines, downlines, KE, loops... everything until they are happy with the
way the plane flies. If they are over-rolling or pulling, time for a little
less throw or more expo. it's certainly a challenge, but that's what makes
it so much fun. And if you have the same brand radio, you could always copy
the model and trim it, or buddy-box and show him things to do.

Gary, was getting ready for bed...

Regards,
Jason
www.jasonshulman.com