[NSRCA-discussion] ys 140 question

Rex LESHER trexlesh at msn.com
Fri Aug 24 17:49:18 AKDT 2007

Francisco

The only engine in the 140 series that is still in production is the 140 Sport....   The Dingo and the DZ are the same engine.
The Limited and the Sport are basically of the same design, and not much difference in power.  The Limited probably has
a little more power at higher RPMs than the Sport, but not by much.
As far as what is better, I'd have to ask what you intend on installing it in....  Anything up to 10.25 lbs, a Sport will handle fairly well.
The new design pattern planes with the big bodies are of higher drag and seem to require more power, especially in windy conditions.
Also, it would depend on the demands of the sequence you are flying.
I'm sure there are a few of the 140DZ engines available somewhere...  The newer 160DZ is a better engine.  It is smoother, has more power,
and is easier to tune.
A shorter answer is to place them in order by power.  Sport, Limited, DZ....  The DZ being the highest in power of the three designs.
I hope this helps you.

Rex Lesher