[NSRCA-discussion] Offset in program mix

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Fri Aug 24 10:50:54 AKDT 2007

I use a landing condition stolen from Dave Lockhart.  With the Futaba radios
that have separate conditions it is pretty easy.  9Z, 12 and 14 have them
(and perhaps others)  Just assign a new condition to a switch and you can
have any function change throws, centering etc.  In mine, both ailerons
droop ala flaperons, the differential is modified so they do not bind when
going further down (they move up normally and down just a little).  A small
bit of elevator offset can be added (mine didn't need it) and rudder is
mixed to aileron to aid in slow speed turning.  In addition with the 14 MZ
you can set it to activate slowly so no sudden pitch changes.  I also set a
voice to the switch to tell me it is activated.   You can use the setting
for short take offs on grass runways and I didn't want to accidentally leave
the setting activated during a pattern.

Stuart

  _____