[NSRCA-discussion] [Fwd: Proposal]

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Wed Aug 22 20:46:28 AKDT 2007

Rex, Thanks for your thoughtful  reply. I agree we would have to
consider any side effects before making any changes

I would like to make a few comments.
I'm very glad to hear you have a mentoring system in place in district
8. It doesn't seem to be currently in place here in western district 6
although it used to be. It would be good to have all districts
participating in the same way. Perhaps you could explain exactly how it
works up there?

I'm getting the impression that most of the membership agrees with you
on having two destination classes. From the bottom looking up, it
appears that there are only two advancement classes(intermediate and
advanced) before you have to go out and compete against sponsored flyers
who are among the best flyers in the world. This would be either Masters
or F3A. Adding another class doesn't seem to be the answer considering
current participation levels.I believe the crisis point in the system
is the move up from advanced but we would have to have a good database
history to prove such a point. In any case, from the feedback I have
received, it appears very unlikely that this proposal will ever be
accepted. However, one point in my proposal is an option year. With this
provision, any pilot that finds himself over his head in the next class,
can go back a class at the end of the year. This should help anyone who
jumped too early and also force everyone to at least try the next class
before abandonning the effort, considering the investment  in time and
money to be excessive in the next class. I would like to see this
implemented even if the advancement from masters to F3A is rejected.

John