[NSRCA-discussion] Sinking ship Syndrome?Pleasereview'NSRCAMembers'

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Wed Aug 22 07:44:56 AKDT 2007

twtaylor <twtaylor at ftc-i.net> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Pattern primers are/have been successful in the past maybe we need more?

  Tim,

  If we get ANYONE flying pattern that normally doesn't, it can only help us IMHO. Ok, where am I going with this.....

  Pattern primer. I'm all for it. I held one at the RDRC field years ago, and it seemed to go over well, there were a few newbies that continued flying pattern afterwards.  I know the one down your way recently has gotten rave reviews (real sorry I could not make it). Yes, we need more.

  SPA. Why not! I have been wanting to hold an SPA contest and started talking about it last year. Had a few people express interest, but no one really willing to help. This year, one of my fellow club members that I fly IMAC with suggested having an SPA contest and is willing to help. We both agreed it is a good way to get people involved in flying precision aerobatics. New guys that have never flown can bring an inexpensive plane and feel competitive. Old farts (and I use that term affectionately) that left years ago can come back and meet the old crowd and drill some holes in the sky. The manuever schedules are less daunting (no turnaround) but may be enough to whet the appetite for more challenging stuff.

  I know this has nothing really to do with rules changes, but I don't really think changing the rules is whats needed to bring more people into the sport.

  Just my 2CW.

  Bob R.