[NSRCA-discussion] Elev Servo's in the stab Pros vs Cons?

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Aug 20 14:11:24 AKDT 2007

About 2-56 steel rods...whether adequate or not for the 2 meter jobs. I think this material is borderline even in short lengths of 4-6 inches. I've had rods bend like pretzels before.

I employ 1/8" carbon tubes to reinforce the steel when steel lengths are in this range. The tubing has .078" ID and fits the typical 2-56 rods perfectly. It weighs next to nothing but adds terrific bending strength to the rod. I highly recommend it for a significantly lighter solution than 4-40 rods and clevises
MattK