[NSRCA-discussion] Elev Servo's in the stab Pros vs Cons?

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Mon Aug 20 09:57:18 AKDT 2007

I concur.  I like DEPS because of the fact that you set contorl surface
synchronization up once and forget about it, but I hated retrimming the
airplane significantly every day, and another lesser trim change every
flight,  because the fuselage expanded and contracted.  I hate setting
up two elevator servos, but I like the fact that the trim never
changes.  I also like the fail safe aspect of two servos.  I have a
friend who has two "free" airplanes in the last year after having two
different issues with servo linkage or wiring, and he was able to land
with the remaining servo.

Jon Lowe