[NSRCA-discussion] Elev Servo's in the stab Pros vs Cons?

twtaylor twtaylor at ftc-i.net
Mon Aug 20 04:45:59 AKDT 2007

I have a new secret weapon I'm building. Not having built and airplane in
many years I started looking at what type of elev push rod system to use.
I've looked at the Deps, two servos in the stab, pull pull cables and a
single push rod with a Y.

The pull pull seems to be the lightest and possibly the easiest way to go.
The twin servo's also seems easy but adds another servo.  I don't have the
small servo's required so that's a consideration as well. The deps seems to
be a good way but possibly the hardest of all to install. The old tried and
trued Y pushrod is what I've used for years and have always used a bearing
tube where it exits the fuse. This is a composite fuse already painted and
I'd rather not screw it up by trying to put a former for the rear of the
pushrod Like Dave has in the Focus.

I also am debating using the Tetra push rods for the ailerons even though
they're 2/56 push rods. We used to use them on rocket ships of the past and
I was wondering if they would be fine on this aircraft because we fly slower
now.

Pro's Con's?