[NSRCA-discussion] I'm off to a contest....

Woodward, Jim jim.woodward at baesystems.com
Fri Aug 17 09:57:18 AKDT 2007

Hi Chris,

Armor Holdings was just purchased by BAE Systems.  I'm the PM for all of
our military product.  Our facility in Pompano Beach, FL, manufactures
restraints for the following vehicles:

1.  M1114, M1151, RACK, LSAC, some others,  passenger and the 'Gunners
Restraint' (full body harness system to retain turret gunner during IED
explosions or evasive driving maneuvers.)
2.  MRAP's:  The hottest thing in defense procurement right now are a
family of armored mine resistant vehicles, which generally utilize a "v"
shaped hull to redirect mine/blast forces away from the vehicle (this is
much better than the flat-bottomed HMMWV).  We are speced on these
vehicles for the GR unit, and gaining ground on the passenger, driver,
co-driver restraints too.

Our company was Schroth Safety Products, purchased by AHI in October
2006, then AHI was purchased by BAE just this month.  We are safe and
fine down here.  All indications is the BAE is going to be a great
world-wide type of company to work for.

Besides our growing military market, we've previously cornered the
business jet market in custom-plated restraints.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Woodward
Program Manager