[NSRCA-discussion] YS Idle

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Aug 16 04:38:06 AKDT 2007

I saw a request for help with a YSA that had set around a while and
the responses to the request.  It just occurred to me that nobody
mentioned what may be the source of the problem.  I had this problem
with a YS that set up for a year.  I discovered that the "plunger" in
the pressure regulator was the culprit.  If you take off the cover of
the regulator and remove the diaphragm, you'll see the plunger.  It's
the little brass "piston".  I am willing to bet that the shank of the
plunger is green.  If you clean the green gunk off the shank of the
plunger and clean out its receptacle, I bet the idle will improve.

Ron Van Putte