[NSRCA-discussion] What is (should be) NSRCA's real goal? (Theway I see it)

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Thu Aug 16 03:19:00 AKDT 2007

Consider yourself one of the guys that helps prepare the young "up and commers"...
One of their first goals is to outfly you.

A place I fit in preparing the newbies:
I teach beginners to just fly the plane.
Within a short time they usually fly better than I do.
I've had 3 students who soloed within a week of their first time touching a transmitter.
(one the same day...)

I taught a guy to fly a heli... over 4 years ago now...
I still can't hover my own heli.
He's out teaching other people 3D now
and He's still occasionally asking me for tips to improve HIS flying
I helped him set up his newest machine last week...

We can either advance AMA Pattern with the rest of the world (FAI)

Or we may as well create the "SPA-II": 1980 to 2005 AMA sequences and models only.  Motto: FAI... go away.

Look up the 1959/60 Pattern rules...
There had to be a lot of screaming when they changed from THAT to doing the centered maneuver sequences of the 70's...