[NSRCA-discussion] What is (should be) NSRCA's real goal? (The way I see it)

Adrien L Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Thu Aug 16 01:43:47 AKDT 2007

While these 2 goals are OK, what about the guy who has NO intent of
competing on a global level? I have been mired in Advance for 18 years,
and at 62 I do not try to kid myself that it will get much better. I do
not have the time or resources, or interest, to burn 2 or 3 gallons of
fuel a week. I enjoy the "fight", but the opportunity to get together for
a weekend with like minded individuals and have a good time is my primary
interest.

AMA has established a good system for advancement, and teaching the
needed skills with the current 4 tier system. It is up to the individual
who reaches the top of the Masters to decide if he WANTS to make the next
step. If I were at that level, I may hold out for a National Champion
ship too. It would be interesting to know just how many of the current
FAI pilots, at the NATS, had not won the Masters at some point. My guess
would be that at least the top 20 have achieved that goal prior to moving
up the FAI.

Terry T.

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:30:23 -0600 John Gayer <jgghome at comcast.net>