[NSRCA-discussion] Fact............

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at tx.rr.com
Wed Aug 15 19:32:37 AKDT 2007

Gene,
We used to roll forward the totals but my data was only those points
accumulated at the contests in our district.  I didn't have a good way of
including points achieved in another district.  Still this provided pretty
good guidance and the problems that it uncovered corrected themselves.  When
the 4 year window came in we simplified to showing just the current year
because I hadn't been keeping totals by year up to that point and could not
know how many points to "roll off".  We could begin keeping a rolling
horizon but in our district we no longer have the sandbagging problems of
the past.  However, I always reserve the right to reinstate more rigorous
record keeping because the success we have now didn't come for free.  Our
records were, at one time, a bit controversial.  Let's always remember that
there are no problems because of the system we have not despite it.
--Lance