[NSRCA-discussion] More flexibility in class selection?

seefo at san.rr.com seefo at san.rr.com
Wed Aug 15 14:41:32 AKDT 2007

I know Glen.

My question was more rhetorical than anything else, and I really just
put it out there to try to clarify the issue. There seems to be a
division amongst people who want Masters to be that stepping stone
class verses those who want Masters to be a destination all by itself
(which it currently is).

I do think the idea of a progression rule whereby a pilot who does not
meet a given criteria has the option of moving down. I personally like
the 'qualification' bar idea. For example, a pilot moves up to Masters
from Advanced. In their 1st contest, if they are unable to achieve an
AVERAGE normalized score of at least 800, they are given the option of
moving back to Advanced. The 800 number is arbitrary and used for
example only.

I guess my biggest problem with these threads, is they give me a big
sense of sour grapes from people as I read them talk continually about
not being able to win. Last I checked this was competition, and if you
want to win, you perfect your own flying until you can do it better
than everyone else. You don't tell the guy beating you to go play
somewhere else so you can feel good about yourself.

Of course I could be completely wrong. It wouldn't be the 1st time.
(just ask my wife)

-Doug