[NSRCA-discussion] Points system

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Tue Aug 14 10:12:23 AKDT 2007

How true! I know of an individual in my district that has been flying Sportsman for as long as I've been involved in the sport. And one in Intermediate that has been there for more than 20 years and I remember him placing second in a field of 11, however, I have to admit that it would be difficult for him to make the jump to Advanced. So, you're right, the system as currently prescribed is not being implemented.

I was thinking something along the lines of making moving up TOTALLY voluntary with certain restrictions in place that would require a 10 or 15 % raw score handicap for District Champions in their successive years and making them inelligable for District Champion repeatability until the fourth year after winning same. My thinking is that this might generate some incentive for sandbaggers.

But then again, I can see downsides to everything. I'm not sure that there is a simple solution.
G.