[NSRCA-discussion] Stirring up theMasters2009Sequencediscussionagain...

Adrien L Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Mon Aug 13 18:46:12 AKDT 2007

Keep Sportsman as simple as possible, while still getting the basic
requirements ingrained, Straight flights, consistant corners, smooth
flying, good positioning.

Increase the difficulty of Int, and likewise Advance.

No matter what is done, there is going to be a big step somewhere along
the line. I thought the step from Novice to Sportsman was huge, 20 years
ago!!! Then the move to Advance seemed like a huge jump. With this year's
dumbing down of Adv, I think the Int pattern is tougher.

Having been a CD for over 25 years, I remember one of the reasons for the
elimination of the old Masters class was turnout. We were having to pay
for awards for 6 classes and sometimes has 2 or 3 go unclaimed. Another
reason was that they chose their own sequences If I recall correctly they
had to have a certain # of maneuvers, and the K-Factor had to add up to a
certain #. When we went to computerized scoring every Master's sequence
had to be hand entered. Added a lot of additional work for the tabulation
crew.

Keep the 4 AMA classes, just make each step up similar in difficulty.

Terry T.

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:55:15 -0500 "Earl Haury" <ejhaury at comcast.net>