[NSRCA-discussion] Stirring up the Masters 2009Sequencediscussionagain...

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Mon Aug 13 13:20:17 AKDT 2007

TW
You have missed the point. If you make FAI a destination class and apply  the
progression rule it will definitely be a force which will in my opinion
reduce our ranks.

I don't think you understood my analysis of the location of the  problem
which is entirely my opinion.
I think like Glen Watson that progression should be based on  ability to
perform not on a series of events which in some cases  have nothing to do with
ability or performance.
When we force advancement on a person who is not ready to move up due to
what ever the case may be we are doing him an injustice and cutting off our nose
to spite our face.
Be real we have the Pro's and those with similar ability who aspire to join
that group and possibly be a world champion and push products for the Hobby
Industry
 Then we have the majority, the Good Old Boys which is most of us  who buy
the stuff that the Pro group is pushing.
The Good Old Boys just want to compete with each other progress  according to
our ability, drink a few cool ones and generally enjoy our  sport.
The Top GOB is the one who wins Masters at the Nat's
A GOB can jump the fence if he wants to and be a WC want to be and if he
doesn't like the territory we will let him be a GOB again
 But with today's rules GOB's move up when the rules tell them to and  that's
where some of our problems lie.
I don't know how to express my opinion any simpler than that.
Buddy