[NSRCA-discussion] StiringuptheMasters 2009Sequencediscussionagain...

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Mon Aug 13 12:59:50 AKDT 2007

AMA is in a way an "FAI subsidiary" organization.

AMA is the US's representative organization to the FAI for model competitions and records.

Any time that we do something to the AMA rules which conflicts with FAI rules... all we are doing is causing the US's team competing  internationally to be at a disadvantage.

Yes... if you look at it logicly... FAI Pattern should be the destination, and all of the "AMA classes" should be leading toward that.  So... if it is supportable to have a system that forces advancement from lower classes to Masters... its supportable to have the same system apply in regard to Masters being forced up to FAI.

AMA made an error regarding scale competition long ago... and increased weight and power (engine displacement) limits to where planes that could win in AMA competitions were illegal to enter in FAI... (sometimes bigger isn't better...)