[NSRCA-discussion] YS 140 Sport Valve failure

Claude Weimer cweimer at tconl.com
Mon Aug 13 11:40:46 AKDT 2007

I talked to a guy in the spring about his problems with a YS 140 Sport. He
told me he had the whole valve assembly drop into the cylinder. By the whole
assembly I mean the piece that is molded or pressed into the head. It looks
like a cylinder with the valve, the valve seat, the spring and retainer. He
told me he had that happened three times last year and he lost the whole
season because of the problem. I almost questioned what he was telling me
because I had never heard of it happening. Well this week end some one
brought me an engine to repair for him and the same thing had happened. My
concern is if we buy a new head is the same failure going to happen? Has
there been a change in the heads for the non DZ heads? Any comments would be
appreciated.

Claude Weimer