[NSRCA-discussion] What is a typical lifespan for OS#F in OS160FXapplicat...

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 04:14:31 AKDT 2007

In a message dated 8/9/2007 11:09:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
rcpattern at stx.rr.com writes:

I have been using the same plug for about 70 flights in a OS160FX running
15% fuel, and each flight last around 8 minutes.  Lately, the engine is
getting a little difficult to start on its first flight, so finally I
replaced it today, and the engine starts right away, which leads me to
wonder what seems to be a typical lifespan for OS#F plug - if this can be
defined at all.

TIA,
Kevin

I get several hundred flights typically.  Two keys: no lean runs, and an
adaptive glow starter like the Radio South units.  One lean run can ruin a plug,
and the adaptive starter applies more current depending on how much fuel is on
the plug.  I get them relatively cheap from Central Hobbies.

Jon Lowe