[NSRCA-discussion] Nose-Rings: O-ring replacement for CH nosering?

Woodward, Jim jim.woodward at baesystems.com
Wed Aug 8 08:27:21 AKDT 2007

Hi Guys,

A while back Clayton Foster was making the CFE nose-rings and they
always seemed to fit perfectly - snug but allows the engine to still
rock back and forth.  I understand now that he is no longer making them,
and that the Central Hobbies Nose-ring was supposed to be a replacement
for it.  I have had several of the CH nose-rings and they fit so tightly
as to form nearly a welded lock of the rubber to the motor.  I'm not
opposed to making my own nose-rings, but I actually like the idea of
being able to purchase something and use it once in a while too.

Has anyone found a P/N or different size O-ring to make these units fit
the YS correctly?  After just speaking to Vaughn, he felt that the YS
dimensional variances were too much to deal with so they shot for the
middle ground.  If anyone has spec'd or tried a new o-ring for this
device and could pass it along that would be great.

Thanks,

Jim

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and proprietary information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.