[NSRCA-discussion] Hacker ESC programming

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Fri Aug 3 08:43:19 AKDT 2007

Intuitively (not having dealt with that ESC, or any other wioth the ability to play with timing like that one allows)

Ideal timing will change with prop load and voltage.... just as ideal timing in a brushed motor for RC cars will vary based on the weight of the car, gearing and tires used.

In the RC car cas... they adjust the motor, rotating the brushes in relation to the magnets.

In the case of the brushless... the application of power to windings is altered by changing the timing electronicly.

So... any recommended timing will actually be a STARTING PONT and you should CAREFULLY experiment with variations... using a wattmeter and tachometer.  Most efficient setting will give the highest RPM/watt.