[NSRCA-discussion] [SPAM?] Re: Here it comes, guys

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Fri Aug 3 05:29:27 AKDT 2007

Hi Don,

<<<<I also am humbled by your scoring standings>>>> You'll notice that there are only 7 total points between 3rd, 4th, and 5th places. I have to confess that just watching you fly, I didn't expect you to do as well as the numbers indicate, but like I always keep repeating, you can't go by your gut-feeling, the numbers are the critical deciding factor.

<<<< I always try my best when you are watching, even in practice.>>>>  I had no idea that I had that effect on people!

<<<<(transparent angle gauge),>>>>    My suspicions would be that the guage was not being held level?????   The thing that really jumps out and grabs you, as an observer, is the really significant angular differential between the 45's flown in all other 45 maneuvers and the 45's flown on the Triangle.

I really don't have a clear recollection of yours vs.everybody else's, but I think the video of your F-07-1 looks pretty good (not sure), take another look. I scored that round your highest !   I know that you're aware that the K.E. portion is not a separate maneuver, but an element within the prescribed requirement and therefore does not require that a 50 foot straight line be flown before executing the beginning of rotation to K.E. and everybody was flying it like it WAS!  They were also flying the "PROOF" portion longer than needed, thus producing the shallow climb back to the initiation point. Like I said, Maybe I need glasses, but that's the way it looked to me.
Regards,
Georgie