[NSRCA-discussion] Rule 8.1.1

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 16:58:12 AKDT 2007

In a message dated 4/30/2007 1:28:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
DaveL322 at comcast.net writes:

The 1% number has always been amusing.....the actual number of AMA members
and models that are of the pattern and IMAC style (or at least heavily
influenced) are far greater the number of entrants at the NATs (and local contests for
that matter) every year.

The 1% is also amusing, considering the large number of AMA members who you
never see and never fly. In my club it is maybe 60%.   What percent of the
ACTIVE members are competitors?

Sounds like education of the sport flyers is needed.  I do my part at our
local field.   Where does the technology come from that they enjoy, especially
computer radios?  Competition. Where do they think the large scale airplanes
they fly came from?  The TOC and competition.  What is the number two read
section in Model Aviation?  Pattern.  Why?  Technology.  Where did the 3D craze come
from?  Competition.

Jon Lowe