[NSRCA-discussion] Rule 8.1.1

Rick Wallace rickwallace45 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 11:13:40 AKDT 2007

Hmmmm... 25K... is that the Pattern Nats or the entire thing?

Any idea what the Pattern Nats did in terms of red / black? ... and what AMA services  are included in our costs for the event?

From: DaveL322 at comcast.netTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:01:51 +0000Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Rule 8.1.1
$25K in the red....AMA has 170,000 members....each member is spending $0.14 for the NATs deficit.

Hmmmmm......if AMA gets the least bit of advertising from the NATs....it seems the $0.14 per member would be well worth it and cheap.

Regards,

Dave

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Tony Stillman" <tony at radiosouthrc.com>

Actually requiring a minimum number of contestants in order to hold an official event is one of the changes proposed.  Several events have 3-5 contestants.  We are thinking of around 10 as a minimum.  Putting pressure on the SIGS to increase participation is the direction I think we are headed.  NSRCA is one of the very best SIGS out there.  Unfortunately, most are not up the NSRCA’s standards…

In 2006, the Nats was $25,000 in the red.

Tony Stillman, President
Radio South
3702 N. Pace Blvd
Pensacola, FL 32505
1-800-962-7802
www.radiosouthrc.com

Well if the Nats are in the red then there is a need to increase the number of attendees and/or increase the entry fee not the number of days. Wasn't this years entry fee increased?<g> Maybe all the SIGS need to encourage more of their people to attend or lose it. There was a time when pattern had over 150 plus attendees. There are some events that only have a handful of people involved. Maybe some of those small events need to be discontinued as part of the Nats. Tony, how much is in the red anyway? hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of dollars?

From: tony at radiosouthrc.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:09:32 -0500Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Rule 8.1.1

Ok.. .you asked for a need… here it is..

The Executive Council is always pressed by sport fliers as to why funds should be spent on less than 1% of the membership to allow for a site for a Nats, as well as the staff support and equipment support required to run these events.  The Nats takes up 6 weeks of prime flying time for Muncie.  Other groups would like to use that time for events as well.  The Nats operates in the red every year.

So, if we reduced the number of days required to have a Nats, that would reduce costs as well.  How do we reduce the number of days required to run the pattern Nats?  Do we just increase the entry fee to take care of all of the costs so the sport fliers can then be told that the competition pilots “pay their own way”?  Do we (the EC) just ignore them and hope they go away?

I am a BIG fan of competition and the Nats.  However, I can tell all of you that many on the EC don’t give a rat’s behind about competition or the Nats.  I am trying to represent competition and how important it has been in the past and will be in the future.

So, how does NSRCA handle it if we get cut to a 2-day even for the Pattern Nats?

Tony Stillman, President
Radio South
3702 N. Pace Blvd
Pensacola, FL 32505
1-800-962-7802
www.radiosouthrc.com

ok, then one more:

if it ain't broke, why fix it? Is there some underlying problem that we aren't aware of? I'm just not seeing the need I guess. if it were a vote, I'd definitely vote NOT to have to qualify for the Nats.

-Mike