[NSRCA-discussion] JR servo question

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 23:22:53 AKDT 2007

John:
It's really the Futaba stuff behind it causing the problem.  This is the 8311's way of trying to shake the receiver out of the airplane.

Actually, loose cables can contribute to this.  The mass of the rudder has to be stopped with minimal overshoot.  You have one cable tugging at the rudder to bring it to neutral at some velocity.  If the other cable is a bit loose, the rudder will continue on a little bit and bang then to a stop when the cable tightens more, essentially "plucking" the slightly loose cable and causing a larger than normal response from the servo to correct the error.  This starts the oscillation.  So it might be a combo of the tight deadband and possibly loose cables doing it. Might be a bad pot too, but I would start with the cable.

Ed