[NSRCA-discussion] JR servo question

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 19:35:45 AKDT 2007

In a message dated 4/26/2007 8:10:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
jpavlick at idseng.com writes:

Since I'm a Futaba user, I'll try to be nice about this. <VBG> I have an
airplane set up with JR servos and I'm experiencing the classic "oscillating
rudder" issue. There's a JR 8311 servo on the rudder and the cables aren't
excessively tight. I remember hearing about this a while ago but I can't remember the
solution. Any help would be appreciated.

John Pavlick

John,
I don't know about 8311s, but I've had two 8411s do it, one brand new.  Some
suggested an oring around the two pull pull cables, to apply a very slight
drag..  I cured mine by going to an 8611.  Something in the 8411s is too tight in
the feedback loop I guess.

Jon Lowe