[NSRCA-discussion] (no subject)

Tony Stillman tony at radiosouthrc.com
Thu Apr 26 11:32:26 AKDT 2007

Jon:
Thanks for your input!

Tony Stillman, President
Radio South
3702 N. Pace Blvd
Pensacola, FL 32505
1-800-962-7802
www.radiosouthrc.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
[mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of
jonlowe at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 2:08 PM
To: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] (no subject)

Tony,
I understand what you are saying, but where does it stop?  Do we
declare that the only National Champ is the one that wins the top
class?  Then we are back to the pattern masters contests of the olden
days.  We already have qualifiers within Masters and FAI to get to the
finals competition, all within the scope of the current Nats
arrangement.

I support the way it is done now.  Let anyone who wants to compete at
the Nats, compete.  In days of old, we had hundreds of contestants
without qualifiers, and were able to successfully conduct the Nats.
Just when we seem to getting renewed interest in pattern, I see
qualifiers as a way to kill interest.  And District 3 may have 10 top
pilots in a class, but another district may only have one or two; do we
let each district send the same number?  Is that fair?

We should be doing what it takes to increase numbers both locally and
at the Nats.  I believe local qualifiers is a bad idea.

Jon Lowe