[NSRCA-discussion] Broken Hyde mount beams (my fault)

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Mon Apr 23 17:21:46 AKDT 2007

That doesn't suprise me at all.

We've been working with him testing out an "AR80" mount, which is basically
an AR mount with full length beams and a softer dampening for the DZ. this
is without a doubt the smoothest mount I have ever seen. There is no
rattling, no noise, and the high speed vibration is practically non
existant.

After speaking with him on the phone for several hours, I expressed my
concern about headers and the hatori muffler. he had me send him a header
and 821 muffler so he could check it out, and then made a special mount for
the muffler to work in conjunction with the softer mount. I have no data to
share yet, but I can tell you that so far, so good! The long term results
are what I'm the most interested in. Anything can work well for 50 flights,
but it's when it gets to 500 or 1000 without any major problems, then it's
getting good =)

Just be warned, if you dial the phone to talk to him, you better be REALLY
interested in soft mounts, because he can go on for hours....which is cool
to guys like us that are information sponges =)

-Mike