[NSRCA-discussion] Jim Oddino or others...

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Thu Apr 19 10:36:38 AKDT 2007

Troy, that's all correct.  However, in my experience these cars don't
have a problem with the RX resetting due to battery voltage drops under
acceleration.  However, they do have problems with the lap counting
transponder failing to transmit when the vehicle crosses the counting
line, so the computer system misses the lap.  The transponders are
poorly designed, but they have a proprietary monopoly, so patches like
these come out.  These missed laps have a lot to do with the ESC's BEC.
A properly designed one won't require this radio power cap, but they
aren't all well designed.

If you are getting the impression that overall quality in R/C car stuff
is marginal, you are on to something true.  Unfortunately, despite being
marginally designed, it's also seriously overpriced.

-Adam, getting excited about three days of racing this weekend (it's
usually one)