[NSRCA-discussion] E-power

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Wed Apr 18 09:37:57 AKDT 2007

I put a little piece of trim monocote on each of the batteries per
pair--different colors--and since I am somewhat paranoid about the service
life, I've made a simple graph that I mark when each one (set) is used.  I
can keep track of ambient temp. B/4 and after temps, voltage after,
conditions, etc. and of course--usage per set of packs.  I generally have
them set up in a row for use when I get out to the field in the back of the
truck--and if field charging, I just replenish the back of the line.  Also,
if you do the color (or number) scheme--and mark them down, you'll have a
record of where to start using them the next time out--in my case it's
always red, yellow, blue, and gold--so if blue was the last flight, gold is
first up next.  Seems to work OK.  Due to work and other projects, I won't
be doing much this year, but my last few times out last fall I noticed I was
getting some fairly large variations from one flight to another in ending
voltage flying P-07.  Will investigate that further once I get a chance to
get back out there.

RS