[NSRCA-discussion] E-power

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 17:49:43 AKDT 2007

Yikes! that is scary. I don't understand that Robert. I've been getting real good results out of my AXI. I'm still breaking in my brand new PQ 4300 Extremes so I've been limiting my initail flights to 7 minutes. I'm puttin back around 2500 mils at this point.
   I would suggest that you look at the style of flying that your doing and slow down the pace. I have my Tcurve setup so I have a high and low switch. My low switch limits the power to 85%. I have my throttle stick notched at 3/4 and that gives me a cruise speed that works great for rolling stuff.
   It is possible that the style of flying that the unlimited on demand power that your used to from a YS 160 will need an adjustment. You can be fooled by the raw power that the Axi can give you but you have to use extreme throtle management to get it to last with the smaller sized Lipo's like the 3850's. It's a catch 22 situation you'd like the bigger mils but can't afford the weight. Steve Maxwell is doing some testing with a smaller Axi and real small Lipo's that should be interesting.  Keep us posted and best of luck. Mike

Robert & Casey Green <robcase1 at cox.net> wrote:
          Alright guys, went to the field today to fly, so I fgure that I would charge before I left home. I use the 1010 C charger and 10S 3850 batts. To my horror, when I was charging the first set I put 3700  back in the pack. I did not push the motor at all and when though the Advanced sequence once and landed. What the Hell. I am sure my flying style is not that hard on the Batts, any thoughts on my dilemna? I am very dissapointed with this result.
  Just so you know, I still went flying, and was not lacking for power.