[NSRCA-discussion] Landing Downgrades

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Thu Apr 12 13:22:41 AKDT 2007

The best thing about consistent judging locally or nationally is it is no
surprise when going to the Nats and getting 4s when you've been getting 7-8s
locally--as has happened in the past--now getting 4s at home.  Gives you
some time to figure out what is wrong and to be more critical of your
'stuff'.  I remember placing decently with 4s and 5s in Sportsman at the
Nats--many-many moons ago but probably would have done better if I were
getting hammered from the outset.  "Well, you don't want to discourage the
guy..."  How's he going to get better if he thinks he's nailing them?

RS