[NSRCA-discussion] Paint

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Thu Apr 12 09:53:52 AKDT 2007

Steve,

I use the DCC and DBC. These use the same reducer.

The DBU it is my understanding it uses a different reducer that has some sort of catalyst in it. Doesn't make it like DCC where its fuel proof but it must use that special reducer.

When I buy the paint stuff I stick with the DBC and DCC as I know them. Don't really know too much about the DBU as when I asked the questions I got told by my local paint girl....for what you are doing and using DCC, and DBC don't get into the DBU as it won't be the same to work with.

She said its a good paint but its different and she said stick with what I know...the DCC and DBC stuff is great and I use the 2042 speed clear. I have no trouble  mixing and matching the DCC and DBC stuff.

I usually spray the entire model white DCC so its fuel proof, then mask and shoot all color as DBC, then clear it with the 2042....

If it is an Flower Power model then DBC all the way its lighter and you can get just enough clear to make it shine. Another option is the acrylic water based paints at Wal-Mart or the craft stores. I have mixed and matched these in doing touch ups on the Oxai models. The paints spray well with an air brush and then 2042 will protect them from fuel.

There are about 6 million colors to choose from. And its water based stuff so clean up and mixing is easy...If the yellow needs  a little more orange in it...cool add some and then try it out...I have found I can get colors really close and its cheap only 99cents a bottle.

Troy