[NSRCA-discussion] K-Factor Maneuver description and judging

richard wallace rickwallace45 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 16:46:44 AKDT 2007

It's working: early-season discussion of new maneuvers. Perfect!

In our early discussions, one of the authors of the sequence protested that
he'd envisioned the 1/2 rolls crossing at center, and just last weekend when
I was practicing, I automatically tried to position and size the maneuver so
that the 1/2 rolls WOULD be on center... but they don't have to be for a max
score.

Wayne and Matt nailed it - the maneuver description simply states that the
the rolls are centered on the 45 lines, not that they occur in the center of
the maneuver -- and there's a difference between the two.  It is possible to
fly this one correctly in several ways, and each way should be judged
accordingly.   As judges we'll need to score against the maneuver
description which is the standard, not a mental image or set of
assumptions...

Keep it coming -this is great!

Rick
and btw, it IS all Anthony's fault, like he said!