[NSRCA-discussion] OS 140 Rx re-visited

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Tue Sep 26 15:28:09 AKDT 2006

Thanks everyone for all the advice and info. I made a few changes to my
setup and the 140 is running MUCH better. The mid-range is WAY better. It
has one little flat spot just below 1/2 throttle but it's nothing like the
way it was. The main needle is now 1 1/8 turn out. The idle mixture is at
about the 1 o/clock position. I can send detailed info if anyone is
interested but basically the main problems were:
1. Needed to remove 2 of the 3 head gaskets (previous owner was running
higher nitro).
2. Pipe installed length was about 1" too short. Now it is at 26 3/4" from
piston face - through the header - to the first baffle in the Aeroslave
pipe.
It's too dark to get tach. readings tonight but I still need to fly it and
fine tune everything anyway.
Just simple stuff. This motor is a little bit more fussy than an OS 160. OK,
so I learned something. This is what happens when you're under-compressed
and the pipe is too short.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com