[NSRCA-discussion] OS 140Rx pump question

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 23 22:15:48 AKDT 2006

John:
Do you have the fine or course needle in there?  With the fine tapered
needle, you should be open about 2 , maybe up to 2 1/4 turns.  The course
needle should be about 1 1/2 at most. You might be able to visually inspect
the pump adjust screw to see if it was messed with.  They are factory sealed
with some red goop and you might be able to tell if the seal was broken
under that magnifing lense you have.  Not sure what the adjuster would feel
like by turning it, I never tried it and wouldn't do that just yet.

What's the Aeroslave pipe length set to again?  Mine is 32 1/4" when
measured in a straight line from the center of the plug to the end of the
canister part of the pipe.  Mac header, not accounting for rise in this
measurement.

Ed