[NSRCA-discussion] OS 140Rx pump question

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Sat Sep 23 21:25:36 AKDT 2006

I'm having some trouble with my OS 140Rx and it seems to me that maybe
somebody played with the pump (I bought this motor used). Here's what's
going on. The main needle wants to be at about 3/4 turns out. Not even a
full turn. If I open it to 1 1/4 turns it's slobbering rich. The idle is
rich even with the adjustment turned fully clockwise. It is flyable, but I
know something isn't right. This motor also has a dual-plug OS head. I have
an "F" plug in the center and an "8" in the rear. The transition isn't
great, especially at about 1/2 throttle. On the ground it will actually load
up sometimes. In the air it's not so bad but it doesn't sound right. If it
had a Perry pump I'd back off the pressure and that would probably fix it.
Like I said, I'm thinking someone played with the pump for whatever reason.
Is there any way to set it up as it was originally or do I have to send it
back to the service center?

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com