[NSRCA-discussion] cost of electric - now engine choice

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Wed Sep 20 19:11:51 AKDT 2006

Kelly, if I were in your shoes, and cost were not a factor, I'd definitely
go with the OS 1.40. It's rear exhaust which is nice (no wrap around
header), has the pump built in, is lighter than the OS 1.60, was designed
with pattern in mind, and it runs awesome.

That's not to say that the 1.60 isn't an awesome engine, but I'd personally
go with the 1.40RX.

Regarding the Brio, don't trust the alignment of the Stab and Wing, both of
my Deluxe Kits were off and had to be re-set. If you don't know how to make
all the measurements to do this I highly recommend getting with an
experienced pattern builder and let them walk you through it. There's a lot
more to it than most sport pilots realize, and there are some really good
techniques to use, you just have to know about them.

Keith Black