[NSRCA-discussion] RX choices long club testing results

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Fri Sep 15 06:49:19 AKDT 2006

Wayne,

This is a great report and IMO should be turned into a K-Factor article.
Are you listening Mike? ;-)

I fully agree with the practice of having a Safety Office at local clubs and
contests asking pilots to turn off their radios to make sure the f/s is set
to low idle. It seems that not a year goes by where I hear about some awful
accident where a plane takes off due to f/s not being programmed and people
are endangered, hurt or in some cases killed. I just don't get why people,
especially with large planes, won't go to PCM (or FM with signal processing
and f/s). Now with the cheaper RX's there is no financial excuse, I guess
it's simply an education issue.

Wayne, thanks for your report.

Keith Black