[NSRCA-discussion] RX choices

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Thu Sep 14 10:30:19 AKDT 2006

Wayne, I agree with you.  Prior to the new Berg models coming out, I
would not even consider running an FM receiver in anything over 2lb.
PCM is great because the control is perfect until there is too much
noise, then the RX does what you told it to: hold or failsafe
positions.  It also is pretty good about listing to my transmitter
instead of the guy on a different brand or FM on the same channel.

I'm back to advocating FM because the Berg models have done it
properly.  These models have a lot of signal processing, allowing them
all the features that we love in PCM receivers:  perfect control until
it goes into hold or failsafe, which we program; transmitter signal
recognition.  So, PCM features in a receiver that costs $50, weighs 8g,
has a weird antenna that you can cut to any length with only
proportional range loss, has lifetime firmware updates through your
computer, and has additional features through the computer programming
system (that most of us won't use).  I say that this is a good receiver
to choose.

It's not FM, it's Berg.

-Adam