[NSRCA-discussion] Aero design question

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Sep 12 04:53:25 AKDT 2006

I've looked closely at a Funtana before, and I believe the docile stall characteristics is due in part to the blunt airfoil at the tips. Much like stall strips on a wing, the center section is more likely to stall before the tips, and this would make snap rolls more difficult. JMHO.

  Bob R.

"R. LIPRIE" <RLIPRIE at centurytel.net> wrote:
       P.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  LI.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  DIV.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  A:link {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlink {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  A:visited {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.EmailStyle17 {   COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial  }  SPAN.EmailStyle18 {   COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial  }  DIV.Section1 {   page: Section1  }      Hey Wayne, I have a Funtana. And with the big wing on there it will not snap roll like a pattern plane will. Because it has more drag than a pattern plane.

  Matt

  Most likely it will be same thing Nat's is going to say. But maybe in different words.