[NSRCA-discussion] E Prop Question

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Mon Sep 4 06:41:52 AKDT 2006

I have one of the 40-size BP Hobbies Fashion ARFs with a BP 3520-7
motor in it.  The battery pack is a 5-cell Apache with 3700 mah
capacity.  I currently have an APC 14x8.5 E prop on it, but would
like to use a larger E prop, with lower pitch to slow it down.  The
prop ground clearance on the Fashion is very large and I could even
put a 17" prop on it in a pinch.  Something like a 15x6 or 16x4 E
prop would be great to try, but I can't find anything.  I tried going
to the APC web site to see what else is available, but couldn't find
any lower pitch props.  However, the APC web site isn't up to date,
because it doesn't even list the 14x8.5 E prop that's on the
airplane.  I need the thinner prop hub that the E props have in order
to get the prop on the motor.  Any ideas?

BTW, the Fashion is a VERY nice ARF.  I tried the Master class
maneuver schedule and was pleasantly surprised with how well it
performed, even though it was too fast.

Ron Van Putte