[NSRCA-discussion] Too quiet

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Sat Oct 28 20:24:31 AKDT 2006

The list is just too quiet so I thought I would pass along this handy
utility.  It is an Excel spread sheet to convert surface deflection measured
with a ruler into degrees of deflection or visa versa.  It is modified from
one available on aeroperfect.com.  I added the ability to enter the
deflection angle to get a ruler measurement.  If you haven't seen the
product offered by this company it appears to be a quality digital
inclinometer (angle gauge) that can be used for setup.  A bit expensive but
I have been using the module from a Smart Level which works well but too
bulky to attach to a control surface.  Hanger 9 offers a similar device that
if it was made well would be just what the Dr. ordered, but its poor
construction in fit tolerances and repeatability make it all but useless.

Has anyone tried this product in actual practice?

Stuart

If the file does not go through with this message, you can get it here.
Just copy and paste into browser.

http://www.angelsonly.com/norm/modified_deflection_conversion.xls