[NSRCA-discussion] Avoidance

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Fri Oct 6 08:46:28 AKDT 2006

Due to the fact that my mouth likes to run more than it should, I'm in favor of giving the judges more flexibility. Somewhere in the "Judges Code of Ethics" it informs us that the judge should have no verbal contact with the contestant. I realize that some contestants don't want advice from the judges. I learned that clearly, but now that we have contestant judging is that to say that we can't talk to each other......c'mawwwwn.
I flew in a recent contest where my caller skipped a maneuver and one of the judges corrected the error in time for me to execute the proper maneuver. I'm aware that there are some rule sticklers that would probably disqualify my flight for such an infraction, but I wanted to kiss the judge. I think that's got something to do with being considerate as opposed to being a rule monger ( yeah, I know, I've probably been guilty of the term and probably will be again ).
Somewhere in the process there has to be room for a little discretion.
G.